Due to the current situation with Covid-19, all of our events up to mid-July have been cancelled. We are following the guidance set out in the Scottish Government’s route map through and out of the crisis and hope to re-start all events in Phase 3. We are taking bookings from mid-July onwards but may review this as guidance from the UK and Scottish Governments develops.
We have been in contact with everyone booked onto events up until mid-July. If you are booked onto an event after this time, we will be in touch no later than 4 weeks prior to your trip to discuss options for your trip. If the event is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions we will try to reschedule your trip or offer a refund according to our Term and Conditions.
Update – 13th June 2020
The Scottish Government have released a date for the resumption of tourism, travel and accommodation in Scotland of 15th July so we currently hope to start running all our services again after this date.
We will be adhering to the government guidelines and advice from Mountaineering Scotland, Scottish Mountain Rescue, and relevant professional bodies. Based on current guidance, our events going forward will be subject to the following Covid-19 precautions until restrictions are relaxed.
- Do not attend any of our events if you are showing any symptoms or suspect you have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19. Contact us if you become ill within 14 days of your activity with us.
- Social distancing will be maintained at all times unless there is an emergency requiring first aid.
- All events will be planned to avoid the requirement for car sharing.
- You must carry a facemask/buff and a small container of sanitising hand gel.
- You must bring all of your own equipment, food and drink as required for the trip you are booked on to. We will not be able to offer spares.
- King Mountaineering will accept no liability if someone in the group breaks social distancing rules or if you think you caught Covid-19 during one of our events.
If you have any concerns about your booking, or related transport or accommodation issues, please do get in touch and we’ll try our best to help.
Stay safe and take care.